Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Teas: Flower Power and Japanese Cherry

I can't wait for spring anymore. I don't know how the weather was by you if you don't live in the Capital Region, but it has been really brutally cold and windy here lately. I am now officially protesting winter and am bringing out springtime teas!

Japanese cherry green tea is a popular tea that I have available only while my supply lasts during early spring. It is light bodied green tea (a sencha) flavored with the essence of cherries and reminds us that cherry blossom season is right around the corner. I offered it last spring and it was very popular, so come and get it.

Flower Power - this is one of our new signature teas. To be honest, I have been working on this tea on and off for over a pretty long time. Basically, I designed a label that I thought was really cute and needed to come up with a tea to fill the pretty tin. It took a long time to come up with the right blend of tea and flowers, but I'm pleased with the result. With a base of white and lightly oxidized oolong, Flower Power blends a brilliant bouquet of flowers - roses, lavender, mallow, calendula, and more, along with a hint of delicate fruit flavoring and a teeny bit of stevia for a touch of sweetness. Enjoy a multi-sensory experience with Flower Power and pause to notice the beauty and fragrance of the dry leaf before savoring the warmth and taste of the brewed infusion.

So for me - it's spring!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites