Friday, April 3, 2009

New Tea and Vegan Friendly Options



I just brought in a new blooming tea. I'm no longer carrying the Blooming Lily White Tea. This new one is a Blooming Green Tea with a Red Flower and Jasmine scent. I know that blooming teas are very popular these days, but I've had trouble with some of the mass produced varieties; the more elaborate ones tend to fall apart and sometimes they just taste pretty awful. I have also seen some exquisite blooming teas that are obviously well crafted and taste wonderful, but these come at a premium plus price point. I like this one because it's not too fancy so it tends to bloom without problems, it tastes nice and it works well for multiple infusions. Plus, it's not crazy expensive.

One more thing: I've been working to offer more options to my vegan customers and now offer a nice vegan cookie with carrots, oatmeal, walnuts and coconut. It's adapted from a recipe I found on one of my favorite food blogs, 101 cookbooks. I'm also offering almond milk and hemp milk in addition to soymilk as vegan friendly drink options. Hemp milk - who knew? It's good.


No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites